Commercial

Among the projects on which Scott Construction Group currently is working, sustainability and green construction are emphasized, largely because of the dominance of work in the Vancouver area that the company performs.

Established in 1922 to serve the coal mining industry, it was not until 1972 that family owned Jennmar began manufacturing systems designed to support the roofs of tunnels and mines. Frank Calandra Sr. founded the business, but it was his son Frank Jr. who started the mine roof support systems business. “We were in the scrap business until the early 1970s,” recalls Tony Calandra, executive vice president and the founder’s grandson.

After 25 years in business, Hartford South LLC continues to grow on its reputation of providing top quality service on roofing projects. The Orlando-based roofing contractor and sheet metal fabricator installs all types of commercial roofing products including single ply and modified bitumen, as well as a variety of sloped tile and metal roofing applications. About 60 percent of the company’s work is new roofing installations, with the remaining 40 percent being renovations.

Usually, most start-up development firms already have a good amount of experience among their principals, but not many of them can claim to have had the quality of experience Hamilton Partners did when it was founded in 1987. Two of the founding partners, Ron Lunt and Jim Sheridan, explain that the firm began life as the Chicago-area office of national development powerhouse Trammell Crow.

How best to develop city-owned real estate assets while keeping costs in check is something the public and private sectors have always struggled to balance. The City of Toronto is taking a novel approach to the matter by partnering with Build Toronto, an independent real estate and development corporation, to generate profit and growth for the municipal government by maximizing the value of City surplus property.

When the economy sends the building industry into a tailspin, reputation and quality will win out at the end of the day. Wick Buildings is banking on that fact as it aims to add to its market share while fine-tuning the quality levels of its post-frame buildings. In doing so, it is purposely avoiding producing a low-cost alternative that might satisfy short-term customer demands, but hurt the company’s standing in the long run.

How does a young company begin to distinguish itself in its industry? By building trust and loyalty, which is what Titan Electric works to do with every client on every job. The Villa Park, Ill.-based electrical contractor says it approaches each new client with the intent of creating a long-term relationship through its consistent performance and by delivering the services it promises.

A wide range of capabilities and a diverse client base are making Rowland Construction Services’ future bright. The Scottsdale, Ariz.-based company brings its expertise as a general contractor and construction manager to projects in the hospitality and commercial sectors.

Current Issue

Check out our latest Edition!

 

alan jim blog ct

Contact Us

Construction Today Magazine
150 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 900
Chicago, IL 60601

  312.676.1100
  312.676.1101

Click here for a full list of contacts.

Latest Edition

Spread The Love

Back To Top